How to Make a Pledge Online
The SECC e-Pledge Log in Screen:
- Enter your SECC e-Pledge User ID. It is the first letter of your first name plus the last 6-digits of your PeopleSoft number. (SECC e-Pledge is not in any way connected to the PeopleSoft system.)
- Enter your Password. It is the first letter of your first name, plus the first two letters of your last name (skip special characters like an apostrophe) plus your 4-digit birth year.
Click the Log in button and you will arrive at the SECC e-Pledge home page.
SECC e-Pledge Home Page:
From the home page you can make a pledge and check your .
- Account History:
- When you click on "Account History" you will be able to review your prior years’ contributions.
- Follow the directions on the Account History screen to renew or change your previous pledge.
- The campaign years in the report are listed as 2017/2018 because the pledge is made in 2017 and paid out in 2018.
- Making A Pledge:
- Click on “Pledge Now” and indicate whether you want to make a contribution by payroll deduction, credit card or not at all.
- If you want to contribute by cash or check you must complete a SECC paper pledge form. Attach the cash or check to the pledge form and give it to you coordinator.
- If you do not wish to contribute to the 2017/2018 SECC, click the radio-button for “I do not wish to make a pledge this year” so that your coordinator knows that you have made a decision.
- Click "Next" after making a giving method decision and click "Next" again on the information screens that follow.
- Choosing The Charities To Which You Want To Contribute:
- You must now choose the charities you want to contribute to.
- You may search for a charity’s SECC code number by entering a word or two that is part of the charity’s name. Click "Search" and you will see all charities with that word in the name.
- We do not recommend clicking "View All" since there are approximately 1,600 charities with codes in the SECC database and it takes a long time to scroll through them.
- After you click "Search", on the next screen, select the charities to which you wish to give and enter the amount. After entering a pledge amount, click "Add".
- You may need to scroll down to see all the choices.
- Enter the amount per pay if you are giving by payroll deduction or the total amount if giving by credit card.
- After clicking "Add", you will be returned to the Search screen. You may choose to contribute to as many charities as you wish by repeating the process.
- If you want to write-in the name and address of your charity, you may scroll down and click "
- The Write In screen will allow you to type in the amount you want to contribute to the charity, as well as the charity’s name and address.
- Click "Add" after you have entered the information.
- When you are finished choosing your charities, click "Next" at the bottom of the Search screen.
- Finishing your pledge:
- On the next screen, if you would like the SECC e-Pledge system to e-mail you a confirmation, check the confirmation box. Enter your e-mail address in the space provided. We strongly recommend you request a confirmation.
- We also suggest that you check the box to receive an acknowledgement so that we may release your address to the charities you donated to. Click " Next".
- On the Review and Confirm screen, carefully review your pledge decisions.
- If you want to make a change to your pledge or the charities you chose, click "Previous". Do not use your browser’s Back button.
- If your information is correct, click "Confirm". Your pledge will be recorded.
- If you click "Cancel", you will return to the home page and no pledge will be recorded.
- On the “For your records” screen, you can print a copy of your pledge and then log off.
- We strongly recommend that you print a copy of your pledge and put it in a safe place; it will serve as your written receipt for tax purposes.
- That’s it. You’re done making a pledge. Don’t forget to log off and close your browser window.